Advertisement

Bake N Cake Pan for 6qt Oval?

topic posted Sat, October 6, 2007 - 2:09 PM by  Sharon
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi Y'all. I have been searching for the answer to my question all day (that is why I love my crock!). Is there such a thing as a bake pan for the SmartPot? If so, where would I buy one? I was also wondering if anyone has tried the new silicone bakeware in their crock? I am sure glad I came across this website. Can any of you great cooks help???
posted by:
Sharon
Utah
Advertisement
  • Re: Bake N Cake Pan for 6qt Oval?

Sat, October 6, 2007 - 5:34 PM
    I have not tried the silicon bakeware in my crockpot...but... I have placed a "ziploc container" or a generic tupperware product on top of all my meat and veggies. I put starchy products in it...like rice or barley or orzo. I just mix up the ingredients per the directions and stick it on top of the meat and veggies and the rice actually keeps the consistency! I've not tried any bread products with the silicone. What do ya'll think?
    • Re: Bake N Cake Pan for 6qt Oval?

Sun, October 7, 2007 - 8:41 PM
      Thanks for that tip, Etta! I will try it. I'm still hoping someone out there has tried the silicone and has an answer. I am thinking that if the silicone is safe to 450 degrees, it is probably safe in the crockpot. I just got my new crockpot and dont want to ruin it with an experiment!

Recent topics in "Crockpot Cooking"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
A man loves men for sex Unsubscribed 0 November 5, 2014
nude senior gays' free meet up Unsubscribed 0 August 16, 2014
younger women looking for older men Unsubscribed 0 April 2, 2014
Why You Should Never Use Liners Jay 2 March 2, 2014